A lot of people think that taking supplements are a panacea to fill in the gaps that an otherwise unhealthy diet leaves behind. For sure, many of the supplements have other side effects. To take some examples; for weight loss, ephedrine can create anxiety. If you are allergic to plants, methylcellulose can cause an allergic reaction. If you are taking anti-anxiety supplements, it is advisable to avoid taking chitosan. And so on.
People believe that supplements are always safe. But the problem is that there are always some side effects. As you can see, many people fail to take note of the warning labels. Even so, some supplements like omega 3 fish oil and fish oil is very unsafe. Because it contains high amounts of mercury and PCBs. If you are allergic to anything, you should stay away from it.
Most of the times, people take supplements while watching what they eat and drinking. But you should still take a moment to understand the label before taking it. As you can see, there are some supplements which do nothing but create health issues. As you are aware, supplements are not really regulated. By the way, a lot of manufacturers are just putting harmless and natural claims on the label. This kind of supplements are usually not regulated. Though, there are a few who are working hard to regulate them.
People should have a good knowledge of what they are taking and how it can affect them. When you do not know, you will not know. It is always good to check the label before taking it. This way you can save yourself from unnecessary damage. A few supplements that will definitely harm your health.
* Vitamin D is very important. This is essential in bone health. But it also affects the function of the immune system. This is why it is not recommended to take too much of it.
* Vitamin E is a fat soluble acid. It can stimulate the release of insulin from beta cells. If you do not release the insulin, it can cause a decrease in the production of insulin and the cells that secrete it. This can lead to diabetes. Also, the fatty acid found in it can damage the cells of the pancreas.
* Tryptophan is not a protein but a amino acid. It is important because it is used to produce serotonin. If you take too much, it can cause drowsiness. This is bad because serotonin is a neurotransmitter. It is involved in regulating sleep, mood, and anxiety. Serotonin is produced by the cells of the brain.
* The minerals are important.
* Iron is very important because it is used to produce hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is what binds oxygen and has blood. If you take too much, it can cause bleeding. Iron supplements should be taken with sodium, not potassium, so it does not cause stomach upset. The problem is, because the system does not know how much to release, it may cause potassium deficiency. The symptoms include vomiting, weakness, and difficulty with memory and thinking.
* Calcium is used to produce and maintain healthy bones. It is also used to produce hormones and is in lots of bones and teeth. It also helps make teeth and bones stronger.
* Magnesium is a water soluble compound that is present in bones, teeth, and teeth enamel.
* Zinc is a heavy metal. In addition, it is used to synthesize insulin.
For a vitamin, it is often difficult to know exactly how much is in it. It is good to have 1/3 the recommended amount per day. The quantity of it should be taken in half doses. However, the body does not know how much to release.
* The body needs to know exactly how much, so if your doctor knows how much you have, it can tell the supplements to release accordingly.
So, be careful on how much you take. The best solution is to know exactly what is in your supplements. This is easy to do if you make sure that the manufacturer has given the dosage.
Leave a Reply.
Author - Chris
Author, Editor, Creator of Learn Develop Live